Wild Sockeye Salmon Pâté with Savora
- 1 packet SeaBear Ready-to-Eat Wild Sockeye Salmon (3.5 oz.)
- 4.5 ounces goat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1-2 teaspoons Savora mustard
- Empty contents of salmon pouch into a small mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in lemon juice.
- Add goat cheese (and crème fraîche). Blend until the desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in Savora condiment. Taste to confirm that the result is subtly but distinctly flavored.
Author Notes: While I have adapted this recipe to accommodate sustainable/wild salmon hailing from the Atlantic and the Pacific, SeaBear's Ready-to-Eat Wild Sockeye Salmon makes a pâté so scrumptiously versatile that it can easily star on a spread of bite-sized blini or savory oatcakes. The recipe calls for Savora, a French condiment made with 11 different spices and herbs, including malt vinegar, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, mustard seeds, cinnamon, curcumin, garlic, tarragon, cloves, celery, and thousand-flower honey. It couples perfectly with salmon.
SeaBear's Ready-to-Eat Wild Sockeye Salmon offers Omega-3 deliciousness with vacuum-sealed convenience. Equally palatable is the fact that it's easy to open AND skinless and boneless. You can order a "big catch" here: https://www.seabear.com/big-catch-ready-to-eat-wild-salmon.html.
If you are looking for a recipe that can win friends and positively influence people, this is it! —Jessica Volz