In all of our brands, in everything we do, SeaBear Company's purpose is to:
Create Moments of JOY Through Our Artisan Foods & Gifts
We are guided by six core values:
Our vision is to create:
Brands People Love • Proud Employees • Financial Success for All
Our Commitment to Sustainability:
At SeaBear Company, being a “Good Citizen” is one of the six core values we call out in our Oath to Ourselves mission/values statement: We believe being a good citizen takes many shapes—from causes we support, to how we treat our local communities, to how we treat the natural resources we use in our business. It is within this context that we outline our commitments to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- We are guided by the advice of Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program for our seafood choices, focusing on those sources evaluated to be “Best” or “Good” alternatives.
- We source our wild salmon from the Pacific Northwest, with the overwhelming majority coming from Alaska.
- We actively seek out fisheries with strong environmental / sustainability stories to feature.
- We are NON GMO PROJECT VERIFIED on a large number of our seafood items, and working to obtain this certification broadly across our line.
- We are dedicated to using NON GMO seafood, and proactively source NON GMO ingredients.
- We ensure that 100% of the fish gets used – as much as possible in our own production, and the remainder by those we partner with for uses outside the scope of our business.
Our products have high demands on packaging, as it is critical in our business for the packaging to deliver food safety, consumer appeal, gift-readiness and shipping integrity. We continuously test new options and improve all our packaging to achieve these objectives, while minimizing the environmental impact.
We are focused on reducing our carbon foot print across our business practices, with a current emphasis on sending more of our packages using ground transportation vs. air.